Bournemouth University Gateway Fusion Building
The new Bournemouth Gateway Fusion Building will play a pivotal role in BU’s future development, especially in the field of healthcare, medical sciences, social care and social sciences. The building will be the new home for the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences. Its 10,000 square metres of space will create a unified base for the faculty’s education, research and office activities, which are currently taking place across several buildings in the Lansdowne area. It will also be open and accessible to all BU students, staff and the community.
The Bournemouth Gateway Building will offer students and staff the latest specialist equipment for their education and research. This will include simulation rooms such as:
- An operating theatre
- Hospital wards, including an acute ward
- A residential flat for simulating care in the home scenarios
- A maternity birthing room
- Other skills labs for physiotherapy, occupational therapy and paramedic (ambulance) simulation
- It will also contain an MRI scanner, which will benefit not only students, but will be used for the training of practitioners from local trusts throughout the region, as well as providing valuable research resources for projects that beneficially impact society and the community.
Alongside these facilities, there will be a lecture theatre, library and a range of study spaces for independent and collaborative working.
AAS Ltd were employed by Kier to supply and install our Acoustic Sonic Slatted American Ash Product to the balustrades and feature stairs, our continuously slotted product from the Optic Range to the lecture theatre, and also our Momentum 100 movable walls to various locations within the building.